Some of these were actually 2009 releases, but it wasn’t their fault they were adrift somewhere in the middle of my eternally towering to-be-read pile for a year or so.
So in no particular order, my top 10 genre reads of 2010 were…
- The Harm – Gary McMahon
- Nekropolis – Tim Waggoner
- Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland – Carlton Mellick III
- Mostly Monochrome Stories – John Travis
- Taste of Tenderloin – Gene O’Neill
- Null Immortalis: Nemonymous #10 – Various Authors (Edited by DF Lewis)
- The Seventh Black Book of Horror – Various Authors (Edited by Charles Black)
- Tide of Souls – Simon Bestwick
- In Sickness – LL Soares and Laura Cooney
- One Monster Is Not Enough – Paul Finch
Forced to pick, my overall favourite has to be Paul Finch’s “One Monster Is Not Enough”. It’s an exceptional collection, which made it onto this list before I was even half way through.